West Lynn Primary school is a well-resourced. We have fantastic facilities including a large field, playgrounds, library, Log cabin for support work and classrooms with working walls to support learning.
We have a variety of daily after school clubs. Our children benefit from music instrument tuition by a visiting peripatetic music teacher enabling our children to learn a wide range of instruments.
Our curriculum is at the heart of our school, alongside our moto of ‘Keep smiling, aim high and achieve your goal! We want all of our children to have knowledge and cultural capital and be able to discover and develop their own unique talents and abilities, regardless of background.
We believe that parents, as equal partners to school, have a fundamental role to play in Education and helping children to learn. We aim to support and inform parents with how their children are learning and developing:
- By having a presence and giving a listening ear to parental concerns and needs – teachers and leaders, welcome contact from parents and carers
- By using our website to share key aspects of our school vision, values, curriculum, policies, organisation, events and news
- By providing support through our SEND team to help with early identification of development differences and behaviour
- Supporting families in making sure all pupils attend daily lessons punctually with tools they need to be ready to learn
- By using class dojo as a platform to share lessons, learning and messages between class and families
- By sharing our Curriculum overviews, Knowledge Organisers for each unit for every year with families
- By sending parents an annual written report in which we explain the progress made by each child, and indicate how the child can improve further.
If you would like further information or would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on: 01553 772330 or via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org